Terminating an Assignment
These instructions apply to employees who are:
- Separating from the university
- Retiring - Please refer a retiring employee to the University Retirees page.
- Moving into a transitional status.
Navigator -> CSU Maintain Person -> Assignment Screen
You do not need to Date Track when making an assignment change, because you will input the effective date later, on the Assignment Changes form.
- Use the up- and down-arrows to find the assignment to be terminated.
- Place your cursor in any field on the Assignment screen (except the Working Hours field).
- Click the Zoom button on the toolbar.
- The CSU Assignment Changes form will open if the assignment is approved and there are no active workflows for that assignment in the system.
- Effective Date - Enter the first day on which the employee will not work.
- Appointment End Date – If this field is populated, ensure that the date is the employee's last working day (one day earlier than your effective date).
- Status – Set this field to Initiate Assgn Termination, Initiate Retirement, or Initiate Emeritus, as appropriate.
- Change Reason – Select the most appropriate value which starts with "TERM". Required for faculty, admin professional, graduate assistant, other salaried, and state classified employees. It is requested for non-student hourly employees.
- Conditions of Appointment - as required by your department or division.
- Creator Comments – Comments are required for all faculty, admin professional,
graduate assistant, other salaried, and state classified employee changes.
- Expected final sick and annual leave balances as of the employee's last day. If the employee uses more leave than originally reported on the termination, email HR Records and Payroll with the updated balances.
- Sick or annual leave expected to be taken before the employee's last day of work
- Click the Send into Approval Process button.
- You can print the form for your files by clicking File > Print before or after you submit the action for approval.